If you’re just starting out on your photography journey, portraiture can be intimidating. It’s true that you can get breathtaking portraits using expensive, high-end gear, but what you may not know is that you can achieve a similar style of portraiture for under $140.
To get this sleek portraiture look, you will need:
- 1 Impact Three Monolight Backlight Portrait Kit
- A DSLR, such as the Canon 70D
- A lens, such as the Canon 70 – 200mm f/4
You can follow these simple steps to replicate this beautiful shot:
- Set up the Impact lights from the Impact Three Monolight Backlight Portrait Kit. This is an easy process—simply attach the lights to the stands available in the portraiture kit.
- Then, adjust the settings on the main lights. Make sure the numbers on the back of each light match. This will keep the lighting even throughout the shot.
- Place and pose your model.
- If necessary, reposition the lights. If the initial set up is not suitable for your model’s look, change the position of the lights to create the highlights and shadows you want.
- Check your shots. Closely inspect your shots before ending the shoot.
Check out our video tutorial:
For a more advanced portrait lighting set up, take a look at our ProFoto Acute 2R Pro Pack Tutorial.